Buying a knife sharpener should be a Herculean task and investment. If you are planning to cook in all levels, a knife sharpener remains an important tool. Food preparation can become harder and longer by dull blades. Since these sharpeners need the user to apply more pressure in cutting up food, they can as well be a safety hazard. In this content, you will discover some amazing products to buy.
- 10. Zwilling Henckels 4-Stage Knife Sharpener
- 9. Kangever Kitchen Knife Sharpener
- 8. Smith’s TRI-6 Arkansas TRI-HONE Sharpening System
- 7. Priority Chef Knife Sharpener
- 6. Unimi Whetstone Knife Sharpener
- 5. Winware Stainless Steel Sharpening Steel
- 4. Presto EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- 3. SunrisePro Knife Sharpener
- 2. EdgeCraft Trizor XV Sharpener EdgeSelect
- 1. Wüsthof – 2 Stage Hand-Held Sharpener
This manual product comes with a higher price than other knife sharpeners. One amazing feature about the product is the 4 distinct slots. The slots come with two options for Asian knives and two for Western knives. Users will experience hands comfort with the help of the ergonomically contoured handle.
- There is the prevention of slips with the help of rubberized bottom
- Contoured handle
- It has slots for both Asian and Western knives
- For people with bigger hands, the handle may be small
- It is slightly expensive
The product is designed for serrated and straight knives. For special serrated blades, the product comes with a fixed angle slot. The dull bladed should be positioned in the correct slot. The two-stage sharpening system will handle the rest of the task. There is a soft grip handle along with non-skid rubber feet for the comfort and safety of the user.
- Presence of non-skid rubber feet
- For serrated knives, the product comes with a fixed angle slot
- The product is good for serrated and straight blades
- To get the blade razor sharp, it may require several pulls
- It will be better if the product is a scissor sharpener
A medium synthetic stone feature is one of the unique displays of the product. It also comes with a coarse synthetic stone and fine Arkansas stone. Every stone in the component of the product measures 6 inches. For security and added traction, the Smith’s TRI-6 has rubber feet sit underneath the plastic base.
- There are a sharpening guide and a bottle of honing solution
- To trap excess oil, the product has a trough feature
- There are 3 different stones in the product
- There is the soaking up of the honing oil problem
- The plastic base of the product is flimsy
A two-stage sharpening system is one great feature that distinguishes the Priority Chef. The first is a ceramic sharpening wheel while the second option remains a diamond coated wheel. There will be a double beveled edge when your knife is finished.
- Ideal for a plethora of knives
- Non-slip cushion
- The product has ceramic sharpening and diamond coated wheels
- The product will operate best with slimmer blades
- To accommodate bigger blades, the slots may not be wide enough
While the instructions of most sharpeners are fewer, Unimi Whetstone has shown a great difference in its fuller guide. It can be used frequently without experiencing any difficulties. To stand out of the crowd, the product comes with a non-slip silicone base.
- Fuller sharpening guide
- Non-slip silicone base
- Great for people sharpening knives frequently
- The product cannot be used with serrated or ceramic knives
Both the sharpening and honing steels of the product look similar, but their results are different. While honing steels can be used often, they can also help in re-aligning the blade. Honing steels will help to provide a similar result of sharpening knives.
- The product has twelve-inch sharpening guide
- It can only be used a couple of time throughout the year
- It creates new sharp blade
- The small size of the product makes difficult to store
This electric knife sharpener is the best for people looking to get professional-level results. To invest in this knife sharpener, you do not have to be an expert chef. It comes with unique features such as interchangeable blades and a three-stage sharpening system.
- It is created for both hunting and kitchen knives
- It is good for home chefs at all levels
- It comes with three-stage sharpening system
- To use the serrated knives, it can be tricky
This product can as well sharpens garden utensils in addition to kitchen knives. The SunrisePro is created to accommodate everything from blender blades and bread knives to carving, scissors, and serrated knives.
- It comes in a plethora of colors
- Suction cup mount
- It can sharpen garden utensils and kitchen knives
- It is not possible to adjust the sharpening angle
One amazing thing about this product is that it can convert the normal knife angle from twenty degrees to fifteen degrees. For proper control of the sharpening angle, the product displays flexible spring guides. To create the optimal edge for several cutting tasks, the product also has three-stage sharpening system to do the job. The product is designed for sharpening straight edge and serrated blades.
- It comes with flexible spring guides
- It is great for serrated blades and straight edge
- The product can convert knife angles from twenty to fifteen degrees
- It cannot sharpen scissor or ceramic blades
For coarse and fine sharpening, some knife sharpeners do not include markings. If you are new to knife sharpeners, this may create a lasting confusion. Using this product will help you like how every side of the sharpener is openly marked.
- Weighted for extra safety
- It has rubberized bottom to provide a solid grip
- For both sides, the product comes with markings
- It will not work for a serrated blade
With the comprehensive information in this article, you will discover that selecting a knife sharpener is not a big deal. Using the features of the products of this content will help you make the best decision. You can give it a try now.